Blog: Siding Installation, Metal Roofing, Shingle Roofing in Riverdale, Midland, & Bay City MI
Roof Problems common in low slope
Low Slope Roof Problems.
If you look at a failure curve, most Roof Problems will be more worrisome towards the later years of a roof but the curve is pretty flat in terms of their deterioration for the first several years, and the last 25 or 30 percent of the roof [life], the curve becomes more steep, Unfortunately, problems are inevitable as the roof ages. Without proper and routine maintenance, these minor problems can even become catastrophic. Here are some issues that can arise after a period of time.
1: ROOF LEAKS AND MOISTURE
- Try to get a hold of a contractor immediately if you find your roof leaking. So you can prevent further damage
2: BLOW-OFFS, TENTING, REDUCED WIND UPLIFT RESISTANCE, AND BILLOWING
- After severe storms it is always wise to take a good look at your roof and other out buildings you may have so you can tell if any shingles ripped off exposing your roof.
3: POOR INSTALLATION AND UNSATISFACTORY WORKMANSHIP
- Always get a licensed roofer, ask for insurance and there license before any contracts are signed.
4: LACK OF MAINTENANCE
- Always be prompt when removing debris from your roof.
5: PONDING WATER
- If you have water pooling on your low slope roof, have a contractor look at it most low slopes or flat roofs have a system that is suppose to have water drain away.
6: PUNCTURES AND THE ADDITION OF PENETRATIONS POST-INSTALLATION
- Always check out your roof no matter what you may notice something that wasn’t there before.
- If your unable to go on your roof don’t hire a contractor who can help you determine any risk factors.
8: IMPROPER REPAIRS
- A roof is a specialized improvement, certain shingles are designed to be applied a different way, if your not sure don’t attempt, it could make a headache for you in the future.
- Check after awhile if the membrane on your roof has shrunk if it has make sure nothing is exposed that could lead to damage.
- If your roof is blistering, make sure to have it checked, large blisters can pose a serious problem.
Always try to check out your roof before problems can occur, Just go over this roof problems check list and it will guide you with what you will need to do in the future. If you are having roof problems please check us out and we would gladly give you a free estimate! Just go to https://www.energyplushomeimprovements.com/services/roofing-company/